Ways to Maintain Oil Painting
Oil painting art has filled the spiritual culture of the Chinese people. More and more people begin to collect oil paintings, as well as portrait paintings of themselves and their families. Although the preservation of oil paintings is very long and not easy to damage, but in the collection process is required to maintain, if there is no reasonable maintenance measures, may be accidental damage. In the process of collecting oil paintings, the following seven methods can be used.
1. Two layers of natural beeswax pre-dissolved in turpentine oil can be thinly coated on the back of the canvas, which can completely prevent damp air from immersing and causing damage.
2. Oil painting should avoid long-term direct sunlight, because ultraviolet radiation is very destructive to color, which will cause discoloration and discoloration.
3. Storage of oil painting room should pay attention to ventilation and moisture, as far as possible from the bathroom, kitchen, pay attention to prevent dust, soot damage to the canvas, the room should maintain a certain temperature and humidity. Moisture painting must be slowly dry, do not expose to the sun, otherwise the picture is easy to fall off.
4. Do not paste two pictures together in oil painting. Avoid the temperature rise to make the picture stick, causing the oil color to fall off and the picture to be damaged.
5. When scrolling oil paintings, make the canvas face inward and the picture face outward, roll a layer of paper cylinder outside, and then wrap it with plastic cloth to prevent cracking.
6. If the oil painting hanging on the wall falls into dust, it can be gently wiped with a slightly wet clean cloth. If there is fume on the oil, gently try to scrub it with a little soapy water and clear water, then quickly dry the water on the picture with a sponge, and then blow the oil surface with an electric fan. If you encounter age-old, cracked oil paintings, you must use less water, local dry wiping can be. If you use professional polishing oil for oil painting maintenance, before spraying polishing oil, clean the picture with a clean cloth.
7. Generally, oil paintings can be preserved for two or three hundred years, but with the passage of time, some paintings may crack in a few decades. If there are more collections, you can wrap the paintings in plastic cloth and put them in wooden boxes to prevent hard injury.
Same In Category
- Working between flowers
- Why Do Humans Appreciate Abstract Painting
- Wheat field | John Constable
- What Landscape Oil Paintings Can Do To Your Rooms
- What Is Abstract Art?
- Welfare·Begel's Bar Work Appreciation
- Water Lilies - Monet
- Vincent van Goghs: Almond Blossom
- Two Dutch Painters
- Turner Works Appreciation